Visit the links below for information on fees and financial support for graduate students.
Tuition and Fees
Student Financial Services (SFS) publishes fees for each academic session
Fee refunds/credit calculations are based on complete withdrawal from a term, not withdrawal from individual courses. This is due to:
- Fees being calculated according to a student's program
- Fees being calculated according to a student's full-time or part-time enrolment status/activity level
- Fees are not calculated on a per course basis.
Various forms of financial assistance are available to graduate students. York University and external agencies offer:
Graduate students are encouraged to consult with the program for advice on financial matters
Graduate Student Conference Funding
- Graduate Students' Association Conference Support Fund
- CUPE 3903 Professional Development Fund
- GLASA Conference Support Application
Research Related Funding
Visit: The Faculty of Graduate Studies website for scholarship, bursary, and awards opportunities.
Graduate students are urged to apply for external government awards and other awards tenable at York University. Some high-profile external scholarships are:
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC)
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC)
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
- Ontario Graduate Scholarships (OGS)
These federal granting agencies provide funding to both master's and doctoral students. You may apply to only one funding agency, determined by your area of research